Today I got paid! My boss said that I had been working very hard and that I was due for a pay day. He gave me 6 English pounds! And then something even more awesome happened. The tax collector didn't take any taxes from me. Me and my friend , the innkeeper, both lost no money. It was so, so cool, but then I saw some of the people who lost all of there money and I felt really bad for them because they cant do any thing without money in Boston. Soon me and my boss are traveling to Maine to sell some new goods we got, and if I sell a lot he is going to pay me again! Today has bin really awesome!
I think that The best Conductors ( in order) will be copper, aluminum, and brass because metals get really hot when there near something hot. Wood and plastic do not do not really let heat energy pass threw, I think? I think plastic will melt first thow .
What happened with...
wood- This object never melted while the timer was on.
copper- Copper slid down Within 5 min of starting. Copper is the best conductor.
plastic- Plastic is the one in fourth. after about 35 min the butter finally slid off.
brass- The brass was in third place for its butter sliding down the stick. it is still a pretty good conductor of heat.
aluminum- This is the second best conductor for heat because the butter melted second.
Answer these questions here:
1. First the heat energy was coming coming of the plate and into the water and made the water hot which then the heat traveled up one of the objects to the butter witch then melted because of the heat.
2. I amazingly got my predictions right. I don't know how because it was a total guess.
3. Copper and aluminum were the the best conductors because the butter melted in about 5 min and the aluminum melted in about 12 min witch were the first two to melt the butter.
4.plastic and wood are the worst conductors because plastic melted in about 35 min and wood never melted in the whole hour.
5. I think that water is a pretty good conductor because water gets really hot when its heated.
6. We use conductors like water and metal to cook food to eat and hot water also is good for hot tubs.
Write something positive and something negative
- Our answers
We had some good answers to his questions on stuff like "why do you think being a patriot is good" but a few times our actor forgot to consolt us because he thought he new the answers already.
- Our preparation
We were pretty prepared with our questions but we forgot to make our 30 second intro.
- Our behavior
we were really good on the behavior like when we were helping the actor tell the questions but when we were thinking of comebacks to the other team we had to raise our voices at each other a little.
- Our final product
we had a pretty good final product on who she was and some good questions but we were unprepared with the 30 second intro.
- Anything else that's your choice
Our overall group was a pretty good group with working together but we did forget a few things like our intro.
1. The temp. were about 30 degrees difference at the start.
2. It got warmer and warmer after a time period of 15 min.
3. The warm cup got closer to room temp.
4.The graph shows how the temp. changes and the heat energy leaves the hot cup and comes to the cold cup.
5. The hot cup lines were going down and farther down and the cold line was going up and up.
6. The reason the temp. got higher was that since the water was now longer in a cold place the, temp. raised because of the temp. around the water was hotter the water adjusted to what was around it.
7. Because the warm water had no longer in a hot place the water got to the temp. of what was around it. So what happened was that some of the heat energy left the water until the temp. of the water was like what was around it.
8. I would say that if we left it for 20 min both of the temp. would be at around 50' F when 20min was up.
9. The food coloring had no difference to show how heat energy is transferred.
1. the loyalist side was easier because there was some more reasons why they should rule the colonies but there were some more flaws also.
2. I feel I learned more on paper and pencil because I was more used to that type of learning because I used it up until n
2. I think my script dose show my understanding of the 2 thing I am doing but it is never said out loud.
3. I think that we understand clearly what a loyalist and Patriot is because of the way we take to each other.
1. Many colonists where mad about having to pay for the soldiers and giving them a place to live in there own homes. The soldiers where rude , gross, and mean.
2. The Boston Tea party was something that the Colonists did to England so it did not make the Colonists want to make independence from England
3. I think that the Colonists should fight for independence because no country should command another.
Today we went back in time and I found a job as a hawker. A hawker is a manor women who goes around the colonies buying and selling goods . I picked this job because I really like to travel around and it would cool to see every thing back then. It was hard to find a master because there were so many thing to choose from an it was hard to find a master who wasn't all ready working with some one else , but then at the corner of the street some one was looking for an apprentices. It made me so happy to find a master who would hire me!!! as of right now I am living in my masters apartment for 10% of my pay, but soon I'm going to buy one for my self. today was kind of hard because of the different speech patterns that they had in Boston at the time and I was stared at a lot because of the clothes I was wearing and finding a job was hard because of my age.