Roles to use while reading The Phantom Tollbooth
- Psychologist: "Milo feels ________" Today's Meet. Identify a feeling or character trait Milo has in the book and post it, along with the situation from the story & your analysis. You are limited to 140 characters, so be concise!
- Philosopher: Lessons Milo Learns throughout the book. Identify the lessons that the author is trying to get you to discover. Some are stated clearly, while others are implied. Try to catch as many as you can!!!
- Professor: Keep track of the vocabulary terms in the book. Every time there is a word that is unfamiliar or used in a new way, submit it here. If more people submit the same word, it will show up even bigger on our Tagxedo of the book!
- Detail Tracker: Every time we discover a new character, setting, or event, submit it online so that later on, we can create Glogster pages for each.
- Cartographer: Every time Milo ends up in a new place, you need to add a tag on the correct spot on the map. Start your description with a number (the numbers need to go in order) and explain what the event was at that location on the map. Some of the locations need to be estimated.
- "The Phantom Tollbooth" Character Forum. Enter here if you'd like to chat with others from "The Lands Beyond". (Each blog entry is a new topic and the comments are the discussions between characters - stay "in-character!")
- Create new characters on the New Characters page for "The Phantom Tollbooth." Indicate their name, the page number in the book that they might be introduced, and put your name at the end in parentheses. Directions are on the page under my sample entry.