Creating Your 21st Century Classroom
|What's going on in Mr. Solarz' Class?||
1. What is a 21st Century Classroom?
2. How I plan lessons & units.
3. Building your toolbox.
4. How I use our classroom website as a hub.
5. Components of my 21st Century Classroom.
6. Alignment with Charlotte Danielson's Teacher Evaluation Model.
Some links to see examples of what I'm talking about...
How My Classroom Has Changed Over Time
Developing Units with 21st Century Skills in Mind
Sample Unit: The Presidential Election (Simulation)
Sample Unit: Revolutionary War (Simulation)
Sample Unit: Alternative Energy Debates (PBL & Debate)
Enriched Learning Projects
21st Century Grading and Assessment
Some videos to get you started with 21st Century Skills
Some tech tools to include in your toolbox
Some more tech tools for your toolbox
Introducing Blended Learning to Your Students
My ePortfolio with dozens of lesson ideas
Who Owns the Learning?
Passion Time / Genius Hour / 20% Time
Some Domain 3 evidence
Some Domain 4 evidence
More Energy Debate Links:
- Student Reflection with poll
- Using a Creately organizer to prepare for the debate
- Sample Student Reflection
- Pictures and Videos of the Debates
- Student Reflection with Video of Poster