I think the best heat conductors are copper, aluminum,and brass.
I think the worst heat conductors is plastic, wood
Answer these questions here:
- Describe how the heat energy transferred from the hot plate to the butter. The heat went in the water and through the rod to the butter.
- How did the results compare to your predictions. My predictions were spot on.
- Which of the tested materials were the two best conductors? What is your evidence? Copper and aluminum because copper's butter melted first at 4 minutes. Aluminum melted at 12.5 minutes.
- Which of the tested materials were the two worst conductors? What is your evidence? Plastic and wood were the worst because the wood's butter melted after the experiment was over. Plastic's melted at the 20 minute mark.
- Do you think water is a good or poor conductor? Why? I think it's good because it can conduct electricity. But for heat I takes a minute.
- Why do you think it matters which material is a good or bad conductor? How do we use conductors in our life? It matters because sometimes we need good conductors or sometime bad. We use them to experiment with electricity and to put on our houses so electricity doesn