I think the best conductor will be the aluminum.I think the second best conductor will be the brass.The third best conductor will be the copper.Then I think the second to worst conductor will be the plastic.I think the worst conductor will be the wood.
- Describe how the heat energy transferred from the hot plate to the butter.
- How did the results compare to your predictions.
- Which of the tested materials were the two best conductors? What is your evidence?
- Which of the tested materials were the two worst conductors? What is your evidence?
- Do you think water is a good or poor conductor? Why?
- Why do you think it matters which material is a good or bad conductor? How do we use conductors in our life?
1.The heat transferred from the hot water into the rod.Then the butter would slip down the pole.Then we would take the rod and the butter out.
2.My predictions were almost perfect.I knew that metal attracts heat so those two were in my top three,but then I thought aluminum would conduct the best. I don't know why it was a random guess.
3.The copper and the aluminum.They were the best because they both attract heat.Which makes the heat go up the rod and makes the butter slip down the rod.
4.The wood and the plastic rod were the worst because they don't attract to heat.Which makes no heat go through the rod,and the butter would slip off if they attracted heat better.
5.I think that water is a good conductor because the water attracted to the temperature pro.
6.I think it matters because we need to know if things could burn us or not.We use conductors for experiments,for things made out of metal,and stuff like that.Also we use a lot of plastic to make things and wood.