1. I really didn't know anything about NASA going to Mars. I think that that is really cool that they are going to Mars.
2. The trip will take 2 and a half years and another 18 months while on the planet. They could also get there in just six months though.
3. they would need food air and water to survive because those are the most important thing. You also need excersize.
4. The main risk is weightlessness because your bones and muscles lose calcium and strength.
5. I would bring an excursive machine food and water because that is the most important stuff.