|What's going on in Mr. Solarz' Class?||
We had a not of lot of trained soldiers and we had worse gun than Britain. Britain had a lot of soldiers that were meant to be soldiers and they had the top notch guns. We won because we didn't fight by the rules and we snuck up on soldiers and they shot them. Britain was only killing people when they stood in the line and had a proper war. And when they
Trees like Pines, Evergreens, and Firs etc. have a waxy coating so the leaves don't fall off or change colors.
But on the other had the Maples and the oaks etc don't have the wax on them so they have to come up with something else to live longer.
As it get closer to fall plants get less hours of sunlight. Trees then stop making food. The photosynthesis process and slowing the production of chlorophyll until they stop making the food at all and the green color of the leaf goes away and changes to a color like green, red, orange, yellow, or even brown.
It was so much more different in Illinois and Boston. There was Native American tribes and little cottages. In Boston there is big cobblestone streets and big buildings. I liked the nice Inn they had. There wasn't meany people there and it was quiet. I didn't like how there wasn't a lot of things to do at night because no one really visited. It was nice to see how they have two different ways to life one in the city and one in the countries there is a lot of changes and similar things.
1. What was the most surprising thing you learned about energy during this entire unit? That there is energy in food and I thought batteries were electric.
2. Why is energy important? It runs everything. You couldn't walk and you couldn't watch T.V and electronics.
3. Where is energy found? Energy is everywhere, It is in the air, food, batteries and a lot of other stuff.
4. How would you define energy? Anything that powers stuff. Food powers us, electric energy runs stuff pluged in and energy runs everything.
It was crazy meeting Molly Brandt for the first time. She was wearing really funny clothes. I didn't see anything like that in Boston. When we were talking she said that she was a native american, now I kind of get why she would wear that stuff. She was helping her husband with trading.
Comparing Light Bulbs with Differences inn Wattage
Prediction: I thought that it was crazy that the 100 Watt Bulb's lumen was more than 7 times bigger. But it was weird how the big lumen had a sorter life than the 25 watt bulb that one would last 2 1/2 time longer.
Comparing Different Types of Light Bulbs with Similar
I knew that the Incandescent would be hotter, it was a lucky guess. It seamed like most were surprised. It was like that because the CFL used most of its watts were used for light but the Incandescent used some of the watts as heat.
Comparing Different Light Bulb with Different Lumens
-I thought it was hard when we had to find there county because there are so many counties.
-I thought it was easy to come up with questions to use because they were either good or bad.
-I thought it was fun when we were so close to getting there school because everybody got excited.
-I thought that it was boring when they took a really long time to answer or ask a question.
-I am Questioner. I answer the questions and ask the question.
-I would like to be a signer because it has some responsibility but you aren't on the spot light.
1. What was your maximum temperature (use your Data Chart, not the picture)? The Maximum was 94.8 degrees.
2. What was your minimum temperature (use your Data Chart, not the picture)? The Minimum was 89.5 degrees
3. What is your range? If you had any penalties or gifts, include those in your total. The Range was 5.3 degrees
4. What materials did you use in your insulated bottle (type them in order from your first layer, second layer, and third layer.)? We first put Plastic Wrap then we put Bubble Wrap and then Quilt.
5. Why did you choose the materials that you did? We knew that plastic would be good so we took two things of plastic. Then we took a quilt because it was fleece with polyester beading.
6. What are some materials that you didn't choose? We didn't choose fur and fleece.
7. Why didn't you choose them? We didn't choose them because we thought they were bad conductors and people chose them first.
8. Explain any blips on your graph (if you have them). Why did it do that? We didn't have any blips.
9. Is an insulator a good or a poor conductor of heat energy? A poor conductor because it transfers heat bad.