I learned quite a bit about political parties in class today. Here are some of the highlights:
- The names of the two political parties in the United States are called the Democratic party and the Republican party.
- The smaller political parties are usually called third parties.
- People who don't want to register as a member of a political party can register as staff.
- People who are registered members of a political party DON'T ALWAYS HAVE TO vote for that party's candidate.
- Here are three things that active party members can do during a campaign to get votes for their candidate: form chiefly to help a specific group of people.
- George Washington was opposed to political parties because he feared that they would divide the nation.
- One final interesting fact I learned about political parties is Political parties are important because they give people a way to change government in an orderly fashion.