I learned quite a bit about political parties in class today. Here are some of the highlights:
- The names of the two political parties in the United States are called Democrats and Republicans.
- The smaller political parties are usually called Third parties.
- People who don't want to register as a member of a political party can register as Independent.
- People who are registered members of a political party DON'T ALWAYS HAVE TO vote for that party's candidate.
- Here are three things that active party members can do during a campaign to get votes for their candidate: 1.Neighborhood level 2.City level 2.County level 4. State level
- George Washington was opposed to political parties because he feared that they would divide the nation.
- One final interesting fact I learned about political parties is the two main political parties are Democrats and Republicans.