I learned quite a bit about political parties in class today. Here are some of the highlights:
- The names of the two political parties in the United States are called the Republican and Democrat.
- The smaller political parties are usually called 3rd Parties.
- People who don't want to register as a member of a political party can register as Independent.
- People who are registered members of a political party DON'T ALWAYS HAVE TO vote for that party's candidate.
- Here are three things that active party members can do during a campaign to get votes for their candidate: Drive people to the voting booth so they can vote, call neighbors, and hand out flyers.
- George Washington was opposed to political parties because he thinks that the political parties will divide the nation.
- One final interesting fact I learned about political parties is that they have many for people that want different things like farmers had their own political parties.