Please share this at Parent Night...(Whoops - I didn't!!!)
November Parent-Teacher Conferences… Sign-Up Genius
Signing up for parent teacher conferences will be easier this year! We will use Sign Up Genius (http://www.signupgenius.com/) for both the Fall and Spring conferences. Parents will no longer need to rush to school on Parent Night or Open House to sign up for conferences. Please take time to review the website (you will not be able to sign up for conferences yet.) More information will be available in upcoming Westgate Weekly and on teachers’ websites. There will be provisions for parents without access to the internet to sign up for conferences. We will share more details with parents in October.
Robert Crown District Parent Night will be on Thursday, January 9th from 7-8 pm.
- Siblings and friends are welcome to attend as well! I have Legos if they don't have homework! :)
- Students will not be directly supervised at all times. I may have other responsibilities (Car Duty, Xeroxing, etc.)
- Projects are a HUGE part of our class and we often have several happening at one time.
- All of our projects can be completed in school with no work done outside of class. However, some students choose to do some work at home, rather than during Homework Club.
- Projects are broken down into mini-deadlines to prevent students from falling too far behind.
- If a child is absent during an activity that requires a blog entry, it does not need to be made up. Often, the activity would be too difficult to recreate.
- If it's an activity that spans several days and your child was there for one or more of those days, they should still do the blog entry (although it might need to be modified).
- The Twitter name on my business card (@MrSolarz) is our classroom account where students will be tweeting from daily (and anonymously)! Please follow us! This is another way to see what we are doing in class everyday!
Thank you for all the kind words and support this evening! I'm really excited about this year and about working with you and your child!!!