Look at the pictures below. The picture on the left is the original scuplture. The picture on the right is a group's attempt at following the directions to recreate the original.
Leave a comment comparing and contrasting the two photos.
- What aspects did the team on the right copy perfectly or near perfectly?
- What aspects were the two photos completely different about?
- Strongly written directions would have both team photos looking nearly the same, assuming that the other team read the directions carefully.
- When we compare, we tell how two or more things are similar, by saying something like, "They both..."
- When we contrast, we tell how they are different by saying that one is _______ and the other is _______.