So, what are 5 ways that living things need and use water?
1. All living organisms need water to survive. Without it they would dehydrate and die of thirst. Humans need lots of water because we can dehydrate pretty fast.
2. Living organisms use water to keep clean. We wash our hands and take showers, using water to keep clean. Some animals groom themselves with saliva, like cats and use their saliva (which is partly water) to clean themselves.
3. We use water to play in and some other organisms play also. We play in pools, use water guns, and water balloons. Polar bears love to play and swim in water also.
4. Aquatic organisms need water to survive. Fish and all other marine animals, like sharks, whales, ect, live in water for their whole life, therefore the water becomes part of them, because they rely so much on it. They breathe in water to get oxygen.
5. We use water to cook, also. Some food needs to be boiled in hot water before it can be eaten, like noodles, broccoli, and some other vegetables can be boiled.