- Which joint did you choose as our most important joint?
- Why did you choose that joint?
- What things would be difficult to do without that joint?
- What movement can be done without the use of joints? (Example: blinking your eyes)
Optional (But fun!): Complete the following RAFT assignment:
- R: Role: You are one of the joints in your body (your choice)!
- A: Audience: Your audience is you!
- F: Format: A persuasive letter!
- T: Topic: Trying to get you to go easier on them!
1. I chose the jaw as the most important joint.
2. I chose the jaw because if your jaw didn't work, then you couldn't eat, which you need to do to live. Basically, if your jaw didn't work, you would die.
3. One movement that can be done without your joints is sniffing with your nose.
My Persuasive Letter
Hello. My name is Knee Joint. You can call me KJ. I would like to let you know that you have been treating me very poorly. You always bruise me and bang me against chairs and tables. PLEASE STOP!!! It hurts very bad, and I don't want to look bad when I go see my Grandpa Knee and Grandma Knee. If I looked bad, then they would make me stay with them so that I can stay safe! I don't want to live with them because they treat me like a baby! Is it really that hard to not bang KJ! Please! I hope you don't take any of this personally.
Your dear friend KJ.