Arguments For Independence
Arguments Against Independence (Loyalist Point of View)
1. The British parliament is taxing the colonists unfairly.
2. They are creating harsh laws against the colonists.
3. England is not letting the colonies have any representation in their government.
1. The king knows what is best for the colonies.
2. England fought the French in the French and Indian war to protect the colonists.
3. The king started the colonies so he should rule them.
2. You completed History Alive 10 on paper and History Alive 11 on computer. Which way made you LEARN
Answers: 1.The Patriot's side is easier to debate because the British Parliament is not treating the people in the colonies equally and the people in the colonies came from Britain. Britain is taxing the colonies unfairly and creating harsh laws to control the colonists.
2. I think that learning it on the computer helped me learn more because on paper there were more possible distractions on the page and it was slower having to read out loud. On the computer, there was just the text and I could read inside my head to read faster and understand what I am reading better.