- The outside of the apple is harder than the soft flesh.
- The inside is damp and wet.
- There is a whole where the seeds are.
- There is a little knob around where the top of the stem is.
- Where the seeds were it was really hard around that area.
- Most dark lines seem to start in the middle and move out.
- All of the random patches of brown are around the core.
- There are mini seeds in the core.
- It smells sweet and crisp.
- There are little white dots on the outside.
- Why were you able to observe so many things about your apple today?
- Why is observation and description so important in science?
- Rank order the five senses in the order or your observations (i.e. which sense was used most, second most, etc.).
1. I was able to do that because I knew that I was observing it and really looking for all those things that I don't see otherwise.
2. Observation and description is important in science because if you are doing an experiment and you need to record things, it is a good way to record it and what you saw, heard, felt, etc.
-Taste (which I didn't and couldn't use.)