-How many bones did your model need? How many muscles did it need?
- How were your pretend muscles similar to real muscles? Different?
- What changes occur to the real muscles in the human body to make them pull on bones?
- What would happen if the ligaments of the models were overstretched or torn? How would it affect the way the models could operate?
- My model used two muscles and three bones to recreate the elbow joint.
- The muscles were similar because they would both pull and relax to move the bones to create the movement on the joint. They were different because well, they weren't actual muscles and bones, just objects representing muscles and bones.
- When the muscle pulls, it tightens up and pulls the bone with the motion. When the other opposite muscle is pulling, the first one relaxes, and lets the other one pull.
- If the ligaments were pulled or stretched, first off, if it was in your body, it would hurt, the bones wouldn't really be connected 100% right, so your body's arms might not pull the same way.