- How many bones did your model need? How many muscles did it need?
- How were your pretend muscles similar to real muscles? Different?
- What changes occur to the real muscles in the human body to make them pull on bones?
- What would happen if the ligaments of the models were overstretched or torn? How would it affect the way the models could operate?
1. Our model only needed 2 bones. It only needed 2 muscles two; the bicep and the tricep.
2. They were similar because they both worked together to bend something. They were different because one is real bone and the other one is cardboard.
3. To pull on the bones, the muscles have to relax and contract.
4. If the ligaments were overstretched or torn they wouldn't be able to connect the bones to each other, and then we wouldn't be able to move properly. It would effect the model because then there wouldn't be a ligament to attach at the joint, and the 2 bones wouldn't hold together good.