Another wonderful blog post by Silvia Tolisano of Langwitches - Thank you Silvia:
10. Submit your completed Word document here!
Answer the questions here:
I will be pulling groups to do their Green Screen recordings while you work on the following activities:
Here are your directions for today (do them in order please):
2. You completed History Alive 10 on paper and History Alive 11 on computer. Which way made you LEARN
Follow the directions in the following handout in order. Try to be prepared by the end of the period. We will do the panel debates next week.
Listen to the directions in class and go with your parent around the school taking pictures of the eight forms of energy that we studied in class:
Then, create a new blog entry with this image.
Finally, answer these reflection questions:
We will be making videos like the one above in class over the next couple weeks. You will sign up for topics & partners as I pull sticks, and you will need to work with your partner to create a script on a shared Google Doc where one of you plays a loyalist and one plays a patriot and you discuss a couple topics while "walking" along a street in Boston, in 1768.
Before we start, I want to make sure that we understand two causes of the Revolutionary War: the Boston Tea Party and the Intolerable Acts. We will do that by watching four videos from this series. (Their YouTube channel has changed and the videos are no longer separate - they are all one video. Sorry! Click on the image below to see this YouTube page.
If you like these videos, you might want to watch some more episodes!
Feel free to watch as many as you'd like here!
Here are the directions for this activity:
2. Start your script with a greeting, saying each others' names.
3. Ask each other how their job is going & answer them appropriately.
4. Start talking about one of your events, pretending that it is recent news!
5. Between the two of you, explain everything important about that event.
6. Share your opinions as patriots and loyalists.
7. The patriot needs to POLITELY try to convince the loyalist that their opinion is the correct one.
8. If the patriot's arguments are convincing, the loyalist should consider supporting declaring independence.
9. Switch to the other topic and do steps 4-8 for that one!
10. Wrap it up & say goodbye in a way that makes sense!
Once you think your script is the best you can make it, get it approved by Mr. Solarz. If you have done a solid job, you will be allowed to do the next step: find images of buildings that might have been around in Boston in 1768. We will use those images as the background of our movie. When you find those images, submit them to me below:
Max file size: 20MB
Purpose of this Blog
This blog will have directions and explanations for most of the activities we do in class.