- Sunday, November 18th Westgate Skating Party Orbit Skate Center 600PM.
Color Coded Circle Drive
- Please remember the color coded Circle Drive is there to help motorists! The ORANGE Zone is the "GET READY ZONE." Students should not exit the vehicle in this zone (please don't send drivers mixed messages about the purpose of the zone.) We need to "train" drivers. The GREEN zone is the "DROP OFF ZONE." Students may exit the vehicle in this zone after the motorist pulls up! The YELLOW zone is the "DEPARTURE ZONE." Passengers may not exit the vehicle in this zone and motorists should d exist the Circle Drive in this zone. PLEASE FOLLOW THE INTENT OF THE ZONES... VEHICLE WILL NEED TO WAIT AND MOTORIST WILL NEED TO LEARN THE ZONES. Thanks!
- November 12th to 16th Everybody Counts Week
- November 18th Westgate Skating Party Orbit Skate Center at 6:00PM
- November 19th and November 20th Parent Teacher Conferences
- November 21st to November 23rd Thanksgiving Holiday
Click here to read what I'm blogging about:
Click on the map to see where website visitors are coming from!
The number of page views our website has had this school year:
- Questions? Comments? Please complete the form below...
Name * First Last Email * Comment *
Please support those who support us...
Online Image Map Tool - Upload your image, map it, get your code!
I signed up to donate bone marrow in the case that someone would need my type. Please consider this if you are in good health. Our class uses Today's Meet to have discussions online while researching questions and ideas. It allows for collaboration, while students work independently. Check out examples throughout this website! We use SpellingCity.com to practice our spelling words each week. Thanks to the reasonable yearly fee, I am also able to have my children take their tests her as well! This saves me so much time. :) I will be trying to use Diigo more effectively with my class this year. I already use it daily for my own social bookmarking!
I can't say enough about Weebly! I use it daily to create this website. It has a wonderful FREE option (which I started with), but paying $50 each year allows you to do amazing things with your students. Just check out the pages to see for yourself! :) ABC/25 is the one organization that I can point to as helping me the most in my quest to create a 21st Century Classroom. They have provided me with $500-$1500 each school year over the past 10 or so years. This money has gone towards purchasing technology equipment, simulations, instructional materials, etc. for my students and the other 5th graders at Westgate! Please click on the link below to load a form in order to make a donation! Click here to load the ABC/25 Donation form. Thank you for your support!
This website was kind enough to donate a $500 virtual news set for our classroom to use while creating our News Broadcasts. If you know anyone who can use their services, please recommend them!!! We sure do!!! A sample News Broadcast using their Virtual News Studio can be seen here.
See the commercial we made for their website here!
Glogster was kind enough to give our classroom a discount for the 2012-2013 school year. Please support them by using either Glogster or Glogster EDU. We enjoy making interactive posters and you can see some examples on our website! See an explanation video for Glogster here.
TCI, (a.k.a. History Alive) has given us a free subscription this year to its online component! We will be doing all lessons online and discovering the many benefits of this delivery model! Thanks TCI! Click here to go to the Online Tutorial to study for quizzes.
This year, I will be trying out a few lessons from Pearson's new math program called enVision Math. It's ahead of the game by integrating the Common Core standards into its lessons. It also differentiates lessons nicely for all levels and abilities! :) Click here to learn more about this amazing math program!
Creately is an amazing website that allows you to create and collaborate on graphic organizers of all kinds. They have provided our classroom with a Creately Scholarship so we can all work together online for free! Thank you so much Creately!!