1. Can you feel it when your pupils dilate?
2. Do you have any control over your pupils when they dilate?
3. What do we call this when a reflex happens without our control?
4. Why do our pupils get bigger in the dark and smaller in the light?
5. How does this reflex protect our eyes?
1. I can feel my pupils shift slightly. I feel a small change.
2.I have no control at all over it. This is because it is an involuntary change to protect your eyes.
3. It is an involuntary reflex. This means it happens without any thinking.
4. The reason it gets bigger is because your eyes are trying to see in the dark. It gets smaller in the light so that your eyes don't burn in the light.
5. It helps your eyes so they don't burned and blinded.