Number of heartbeats in 20 seconds: 36 heart beats in twenty seconds.
Number of heartbeats in one minute: 108 heart beats in one minute.
Number of heartbeats in one hour: 6480 heart beats in one hour.
Number of heartbeats in one day: 155,520 heart beats in one day.
Number of heartbeats in one week: 1,088,640 heart beats in one week.
Number of heartbeats in one month: 326,592,000 heart beats in one month.
Number of heartbeats in one year: 567,648,000 heart beats in one year.
- 1.How many heart beats did you think you would have in one year before extrapolating? Were you close or far off?
- I thought that my heart beats for one year would be 400,000,000 but my actual number of heart beats was 567,648,000 so I was closer then I was expecting, But not to far off.
- 2.Explain what "extrapolating" means to younger children.
- Extrapolating means that you are taking information and getting what it means.
- 3.What are some other things you can extrapolate? Give some examples.
- You can extrapolate money like what we did today just with money and we could see how much money we spend a year on taxes and a day etc.