1.What do you know about Nasa's plan to visit mars?
2.How long will the trip take?
3. What supplies and equipment will the astronauts need to survive there?
4. What do you think are the risks are traveling to such a distance place?
5. What would you want to bring with you?
1. Somethings I know about Nasa's trip to mars is that before they take off they practice things that could or might go wrong so they are prepared for anything that can happen. I also know that they study a lot about the planet before they go there like how hot or how cold it is there.
2. The trip will take 2 and one half years long, but eighteen months on the martian surface. Days are a few minuted longer then normal, but years are twice as long. The total amount of miles it will take is about 250 million miles to get to mars.
3. Some things that they need to be able to survive there are food, water, and plenty of oxygen tanks because there is no oxygen on mars (or in space either)
4. I think the risks of traveling to such a far distance place is maybe something will go wrong with your ship, maybe something crashes into your ship, and maybe there is a chance that you can die.
5. Somethings that I would bring with me are food, water, and my everyday thing I use like my tooth brush and my hair brush.
What do I Think I Know About Mars
If The World Were a Village
Some things that surprised me were that 10 out of the 100 rich people have 85% of the worlds money. The poor people get 700 dollars and the rich people get 87,500 dollars a year. Another thing that surprised me was that most of the people who have energy only use it at night unlike us we use it everyday all day long except for at night. 17% of the energy comes from nuclear power and 10% comes from the wind.
Some things that upset me were that a lot of people were dieing from malaria. Forty one people lived in some climates that had major problems with malaria. Six out of one hundred people get malaria a year. Another thing that made me sad was that the water and the air was not always safe so some people were drinking sewage water so that means waste such as poop, pee etc... Other villagers have lung cancer because of the bad air they are breathing in. I think that it's crazy that so many people are struggling from bad sicknesses that made me very sad to think about this very bad situation.
Some things that made me want to do something about this is the future was to donate money to the homeless people or give food to the starving people and give clothing to goodwill and maybe in the future I will try to help out in the soup kitchen like Mr. Solarz does.
Moving Quickly to Prevent Harm
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.