1. I know that they would only go if the robots sent back four positive results.It would not be good to send people to mars without 4 positive results because it would insure they are sending people for a good reason, to find something they were looking for.
2.The trip would take about two years and 18 months on mars. If there was good technology and mars and earth were in line which only accrues every 26 months it could only take them about eight months.
3. On this trip they will need seeds and well grown food to keep everyone healthy and feed. They would also need exercise equipment to keep them in shape and have them be able to stand the gravity one they get back to work.
4. I think the risk of traveling a long distance to mars is there could be a lot of small rocks, particles or asteroids strong enough to break a space ship or even just harm a space ship, and the people inside.
5. To Mars I would bring a pillow, food, and water, and exercise equipment to keep me ready for when we return to earth.
- Finding ways to survive on Mars
- Finding new technology to reduce the cost of the mission
- To find proof of life in Mars
- Finding valuable minerals
- To fly when mars and earth cross paths
- Find ways to stay healthy and prepare for the landing in earth