1. Can you feel it when your pupils dilate?
2. Do you have any control over your pupils when they dilate?
3. What do we call this when a reflex happens without our control?
4. Why do our pupils get bigger in the dark and smaller in the light?
5. How does this reflex protect our eyes?
1. No, I can't feel it when my pupils dilate.
2. No, I don't have any control over my pupils when they dilate.
3. We call this a involuntary reflex when you can't control the reflex.
4. They get smaller in the light because the eye does not need to get as much light into the brain when it is already light.
5. This reflex protects our eye so that our eye won't get touched by anything.