Number of heartbeats in 20 seconds: 20
Number of heartbeats in one minute: 60
Number of heartbeats in one hour: 3,600
Number of heartbeats in one day: 90,000
Number of heartbeats in one week: 630,000
Number of heartbeats in one month: 2,700,000
Number of heartbeats in one year: 32,850,000
1. How many heartbeats did you think you would have in one year?
2. Explain what "extrapolating" means to younger children.
3. What are some other things you can extrapolate? Give some examples.
1. I thought I would have around 45 million heartbeats in one year.
2. Extrapolating means to make something bigger or longer. Like with this experiment I extrapolating my heart rate by multiplying my heart rate in 20 seconds by 3.
3. You can extrapolate a sentence if it has five words, you can extrapolate it by adding a because, because then you explain more (haha).
Extrapolating My Heart Rate
3/19/2014 06:21:33 am
Thanks! The reason my heart rate wasn't faster was because we weren't supposed to exercise before we checked our heart rate, but you're right, it would be faster.
Leave a Reply.