21st Century Skills
I was absent for this.
Watery Earth Lesson 5
I was absent for this.
Lesson 6 - Pioneer Passtimes
Today we stopped at alcove spring. I was very glad we did because traveling is very exhausting and not fun I would rather stop forever and play games such as leapfrog, cats cradle, tag, Simon says, and blind mans bluff. I liked to play blind mans bluff and this is how you play: One person is blindfolded and other players form a circle around him/her. The blindfolded person is turned around a three times then let go to catch one of the players and if you catch them they are it. There are different ways to play the game. One way is that the blindfolded player has to guess who they have caught and if they do not guess right they are still it and not the person they caught.
We also went swimming it was so fun in 1849 but in 2150 it was more fun because of the diving boards and the slides we didn't have any of those here.
We are bringing a lot of stuff such as food, tools, weapons, cooking utensils, 12 Oxes, And 6 wagons. One thing I think is going to be hard it to eat the food that we have and the people say there will be no more good food once we are on the trail and it will also be hard because the food at home in 2150 was so good like the blazing wings from buffalo wild wild wings. I think it will be cool to learn how to use all the tools that we are bringing on the trip with us. Luckily I'm not a woman because if I was a woman I would have to wash everyone's cloths and that would get so boring after about a week and were one the trail way more than a week. Overall I am kind of scared to go on the trip.
1. Mountain men road horses
2. Mountain men would catch animals like beavers.
3. On the oregon trail there are 17 rivers.
4. There are over 3,000 bison.
When I heard this I was so surprised I could not believe there were 3,000 bisons.
5. You are above a active volcano.
When I heard this I got scared about going.
6. You have to go through yellowstone.
7. The large waggon trains had more than 1000 people.
8. You will have to go through a river.
I don't really want to cross a river.
9. You will become face to face with Bison, coyotes, wolves, bears, and prairie dogs.
Oh that's bad.
10. Buffalo’s are actually called Bison.
11. Yellowstone covers 31 thousands square miles.
12. You will get harassed by coyotes and wolves.
That's not good I'm scared about going now.
13. You will have to go over mountains.
That could be a problem.
14. Coyotes get eaten by Cougars.
15. Coyotes have bigger ears.
16. Coyotes are smaller than wolves.
17. Coyotes work in groups.
18. Coyotes play dead.
19. Coyotes are sneaky.
20. Coyotes are smart.
21. Coyotes try to get your dog to come out then it eats it all up.
22. Wolves are bigger than coyotes.
23. The oregon trail is not a road.
24. It was a path that was worn out by other wagons.
25. The front teeth are called incisors.
26. The fang like teeth are called k9’s
27. The incisors get all the meat off.
28. The wolves eat 22 Lb per meal.
And it only takes them 7 minutes.
29. The wolves have 3 meals a week.
30. The Wolves eat 66 Lb a week.
31. The wolves eat about 3,441 Lb of food per year.
That's so much food.
32. The wolves eat about 6,882 Lb of food per 2 year.
Lesson 1 Arriving
We are going on the Oregon trail so we can get good soil and get away from the rocky soil here. We are also moving there for better jobs because some of us don't have jobs and some of us have bad jobs that we want to quit and go get a new job.
I was absent for the rest.