- As a class, we will visit a website that has a pretty solid list of U.S. historical events that seem to be important here.
- Each student will select one event that they feel they would enjoy researching and learning more about.
- Once they have a good understanding of the event, students will create a Google Presentation slide on our shared Google Presentation.
- Then, they will add their information to our shared timeline using our shared Google Spreadsheet (thanks to Timeline JS). (There are lots of important points to be made regarding what can be typed into each field.) The information they will need is the date (or range of dates) that their event happened, the title of the event, an explanation of the event, a picture from Google Images, the URL where the image was taken, a caption explaining the image
- After they've entered their data, they need to embed the following code on their ePortfolio and reflect on their learning:
New Embed Code:
<iframe src='http://embed.verite.co/timeline/?source=0AvsdG6QMWIEMdE5MVmZIR3dLZ3BmdmR3cXhOenBMNVE&font=Bevan-PotanoSans&map&lang=en&height=650' width='100%' height='650' frameborder='0'></iframe>
New Spreadsheet to Edit:
Here is what it looks like: