- What moves the bones of our bodies?
- Do they move on their own or does something else move them?
Bend and straighten your arms.
- Can you feel your muscles moving?
- What changes when you flex and unflex?
Need volunteers for a demonstration.
- Student A is the elbow
- Student B is the biceps (or another muscle)
- Student C is the triceps (or another muscle)
How do you think these muscles move? Show me.
Where are the muscles attached in order to do this?
Work together to show how we flex and unflex our arm muscles.
- Muscles can only pull on bones, they cannot push.
- Limb bones are moved by muscles working in pairs.
Read SRB pages through page 15 with partners to get ready for tomorrow's lesson.