I learned quite a bit about political parties in class today. Here are some of the highlights:
- The names of the two political parties in the United States are called the Republicans and the DeoecratIc.
- The smaller political parties are usually called the Greenback , the Libriterians, and the constatution, free soil, the bullmoose, and the know-nothing party.
- People who don't want to register as a member of a political party can register as the (Democratic-Republican party.
- People who are registered members of a political party DON'T ALWAYS HAVE TO vote for that party's candidate.
- Here are three things that active party members can do during a campaign to get votes for their candidate: 1: rank and file, 2: crossover vote, and also the inependent.
- George Washington was opposed to political parties because he feared that it would divide the nation.
- One final interesting fact I learned about political parties is people can do a crossover vote.