1. Can you feel it when your pupils dilate? No you can not feel it.
2. Do you have any control over your pupils when they dilate? No you don't have any control.
3. What do we call this when a reflex happens without our control? Involuntary muscles.
4. Why do our pupils get bigger in the dark and smaller in the light? They get bigger in the dark because there is no light at all so their pupils won't get hurt unlike the light your pupils have to close and get smaller so the light doesn't burn the rods and cones behind our eyes.
5. How does this reflex protect our eyes? If you put your hands in front of your eyes you can block it from anything that is coming to hit them.