1. The temp. were about 30 degrees difference at the start.
2. It got warmer and warmer after a time period of 15 min.
3. The warm cup got closer to room temp.
4.The graph shows how the temp. changes and the heat energy leaves the hot cup and comes to the cold cup.
5. The hot cup lines were going down and farther down and the cold line was going up and up.
6. The reason the temp. got higher was that since the water was now longer in a cold place the, temp. raised because of the temp. around the water was hotter the water adjusted to what was around it.
7. Because the warm water had no longer in a hot place the water got to the temp. of what was around it. So what happened was that some of the heat energy left the water until the temp. of the water was like what was around it.
8. I would say that if we left it for 20 min both of the temp. would be at around 50' F when 20min was up.
9. The food coloring had no difference to show how heat energy is transferred.