- Which joint did you choose as our most important joint? We choose the jaw. I think actually everyone choose it.
- Why did you choose that joint? I choose the jaw because it helps you eat and talk!
- What things would be difficult to do without that joint? It would be very hard to talk and eat. You could only drink a little drop at a time.
- What movement can be done without the use of joints? (Example: blinking your eyes) You would be able to not do a lot of things. We would be able to sit and do nothing. We would be able to drink a drop at a time. That wouldn't be that great. In the example it says you would be able to blink your eyes. Your arms would just be still. You wouldn't be able to move your hands!
Optional (But fun!): Complete the following RAFT assignment:
- R: Role: You are one of the joints in your body (your choice)!
- A: Audience: Your audience is you!
- F: Format: A persuasive letter!
- T: Topic: Trying to get you to go easier on them!
- Your joint is writing a persuasive letter to you, asking you to be kinder to it by doing (or not doing) several things. Can you write from that perspective? Can the joint be persuasive enough to get you to treat it better? Think about eating, carrying things, what you are wearing, sitting, lifting, exercising, playing sports, etc. What simple things could you do during your daily routine that would protect your joints? Have fun writing!