1.The max temp was 93.6 degrees.HIGHEST
2.The lowest temp was 67.9 degrees.LOWEST
3.Our range is 24.7 degrees.RANGE
4.Our first letter we put was nylon, second was wool, and our third one was bubble wrap. I thought these were good.
5. I choose these items because the nylon was almost like waterproof, the wool was to keep it warm, and the the bubble wrap to be insulation on the outside. As you can see I was going for it to be warm, but also keep it insulated.
6. Some materials were paper towels, foam, and the thin plastic. These were all bad insulators to me.
7. I didn't choose the foam because it would float, I didn't choose the towels because they only absurd for a little and then they rip, and I didn't choose the plastic because it is thin and doesn't even keep my water warm.
8. The blips in my graph were big because my graph would show my jumps and they looked like it would drop 20 degree and then fly back up.It did this because it was touching the bottom of the cup witch was the part that wasn't insulated so it made the probe think it was cold.
9.An insulator is a bad conductor of heat, witch means that if I have two sticks and one is copper and one is wood the copper will conduct heat better because the heat can run through it.
1. What was your maximum temperature (use your Data Chart, not the picture)?
2. What was your minimum temperature (use your Data Chart, not the picture)?
3. What is your range? If you had any penalties or gifts, include those in your total.
4. What materials did you use in your insulated bottle (type them in order from your first layer, second layer, and third layer.)?
5. Why did you choose the materials that you did?
6. What are some materials that you didn't choose?
7. Why didn't you choose them?
8. Explain any blips on your graph (if you have them). Why did it do that?
9. Is an insulator a good or a poor conductor of heat energy?