Then I think second it will be copper.
Then I think Third will be aluminum.
Then I think fourth will be bamboo wood.
Then I think the worst conductor will be the plastic.
- Describe how the heat energy transferred from the hot plate to the butter. Answer: The heat traveled threw the rod as a conductor to the butter.
- How did the results compare to your predictions. Answer: I got all of my predictions wrong, but I was not off by a lot.
- Which of the tested materials were the two best conductors? What is your evidence? Answer: The copper and the aluminum were the the best conductors. It says that they slid first in the chart above.
- Which of the tested materials were the two worst conductors? What is your evidence? Answer: The two worst conductors are plastic and bamboo wood. As you see on the chart the plastic slid right at the end of the timed recording, and the bamboo wood didn't slide in the time.
- Do you think water is a good or poor conductor? Why? Answer: I think that it is a good conductor because if you are in a pool and the pool gets struck by lightning you will get shock.
- Why do you think it matters which material is a good or bad conductor? How do we use conductors in our life? Answer: It maters because it makes some things easier to do like making pasta. It makes it easier because it transfers the heat into the noodles.